Things to Prepare Before Going to an Outing
This week is our city's Stampede and I have been blessed to have my daughter and her family stay with me in order to attend. There were several things that I did in order to prepare so that we could truly enjoy our time together and you might want to do the same when your family arrives.
- Schedule time off - It is important that you have time to enjoy the activities when you have a chance to do so. I decided to work hard for the days before they arrived, taking extra client appointments, so that I would meet my business goals and not fall behind.
- Set aside some slush money - Every once in a while, you just need to enjoy luxuries. The Stampede not only offers interesting concerts but also special treats such as mini-donuts and lemonade. You don't need to go overboard, but it is fun to enjoy a few extras.
- Look for bargains - The tickets for rides are extremely expensive and the wristbands do save time and money, however, there are times that you can actually buy wristbands from sponsors at a lower price. This year, for example, I was able to buy them at a savings of $11.00 each just because I went a little out of my way and got them before the deadline.
- Rest - Sun and fun can cause fatigue. Make sure that you get enough rest before, during and after the visit.
- Have proper supplies - Ensure that you have enough toilet paper, laundry detergent and beverages for the crowd. You will also want to take bottled water with you for the hot days so that you do not dehydrate and do not have to pay more than necessary at the grounds. Also, remember to take along hats and suntan lotion.
Inviting family to visit you can be a wonderful experience and help you to build memories that will last for a lifetime. With a little planning and organization, you will be able to not only have fun but also save money and make the whole adventure a positive and value-packed time. This can be done by scheduling time off from your career, setting aside some "slush money", looking for bargains, resting and having the proper supplies on hand.
Once you have everything in place, all you will need to do is enjoy, enjoy and enjoy!