We are living in a world that places time, energy and financial demands on us. At the same time, we have probably more opportunity than ever to add a little adventure into each day without spending money or leaving town. Following are twenty ideas that you can do right now:
1. Dress up for you. Go through your closet and drawers to find things that you haven't worn for awhile and dress up. When you look your best you will find that you walk a little taller and feel a little smarter.
2. Unplug the phone, have a warm bath and crawl into a pillow-filled bed - just because.
3. Call the most positive person you know and have a ten minute conversation where you share encouragement.
4. Go through all the books and magazines that you have piled up and just enjoy an hour of reading.
5. Grab a bottle of water and head outdoors for a walk.
6. Clean out your car and celebrate all the things that you find as well as the fact that it looks so nice.
7. Make a recipe that you have never tried before.
8. Visit a greenhouse and enjoy the fragrance.
9. Make a list of ten things that you are so thankful for (and then add one item a day from now on).
10. Choose one item that you treasure and give it to someone who would enjoy it as much as you do.
11. Find your favourite CD and play it.
12. Volunteer at the Food Bank for one hour.
13. Enjoy a long, leisurely bath.
14. Ask a senior to tell you a story about their youth.
15. Visit a public library and walk through a section you haven't been in before.
16. Write or type out the story of your best memory.
17. Imagine where you would travel if money was no object and you had nothing to hold you back. Then go to a travel agent and ask for free brochures. Research the area on the internet..
18. Pack a picnic lunch and then enjoy it in a park
19. Make a plan to begin fulfilling that secret dream you have been holding.
20. Laugh and then laugh again and laugh again. (every day - several times a day).
Life is an adventure when you choose to look for the adventure.
And now I would like to invite you to claim your Free Instant Access to a complimentary list of 10 Steps to Making Your Life an Adventure when you visit [http://www.lindahancockspeaks.com]
From Dr. Linda Hancock, Registered Psychologist and Registered Social Worker