Many years ago, I moved from Saskatchewan to Alberta because of the weather. Well, after the last couple of winters I am beginning to wonder what has happening. It seems that there is more cold and snow than I really want. And is it just me, or is this going on longer and longer than ever?
Well, I decided that even though the weather isn't cooperating with my hopes there are things that I can do while longing for spring so today I will share these with you. Perhaps you might latch onto some of the ideas and make the wait a little more worthwhile:
- Clean a cupboard - I have been putting off reorganizing the pantry and as of tonight am proud of the fact that everything is in order!
- Read some good books - My favourites are the biographies as they tell about the ways that individual’s triumph over difficulties in their lives. One of my favourites this winter was the story of Susan Boyle - the individual who overcame her fear and disability to enter the Britain's Got Talent contest.
- Watch a great movie (or two) - The Social Network and Under the Tuscan Sun were two I enjoyed recently.
- Bake - There's something about the smell of something cooking that seems to warm the soul!
- Finish unfinished projects - This is a good time to clean up the things that you are "almost done". Remember when the spring comes, they will be ignored (again) as you will want to head outdoors.
- Call a friend - A good conversation with someone you care about will likely bring a smile to both of you!
- Exercise - Euww. Did I say that? Well, if you want to look great in that bathing suit, I guess that would be a good idea.
- Plan your spring planting - What will you have in the garden this year? Have you created your list of seeds and bulbs for ordering?
- Rest - It's okay to just have a quiet evening at home.
Yes, we go from 30 degrees below to melting to frozen ruts. And the cycle continues. But you can invest your time into wonderful activities so that you will be ready for spring when it finally does arrive. Make a list of all the things that you have either been putting off or thinking that you should do, then begin.
Now what will you do today?