- Strawberries - He likes to eat these either whole or cut. Sometimes he puts cream or whipped cream on them.
- Octopus - I was shocked to hear that he had even tried this. He explained that when they were in Mexico, he had octopus. It was cooked and had a crunchy outside.
- Cinnamon Buns - Andrew likes to eat these heated in the microwave with caramel, chocolate and whipped cream or ice cream.
- Chocolate ice cream - He puts caramel from a bottle that is stored in the fridge on it which he heats before spreading on the ice cream.
- Seaweed - (Just joking!)
- Brisk - This a beverage that is purchased in a can which tastes like iced tea.
- Popcorn chips - Andrew buys these in the store in a package that is labelled "Rice Cakes"
- Lobster - This is a very expensive habit that Andrew cultivated. When I took him to a club in my city he ordered and ate a five pounder!
- Bananas - There is always a bunch on the wooden banana rack on the kitchen counter in their house and Andrew never fails to take advantage of these...
- Raisin Bagels - He always puts cream cheese on these after heating them up.
- Banana Pancakes - This is a real favourite for my grandson and he never fails to ask for them every Saturday.
- Baloney Sandwiches with mustard are his favourite school lunch.
It has been interesting and fun to get to know Andrew just a little bit better by writing this article. I hope that other grandparents will not only use these ideas with their grandchildren but perhaps even communicate with each other to write a list of their favourites.
NOTE: We read this article to Andrew's parents who were shocked when they heard about the octopus, Apparently it was calamari (not octopus).