1. Answer and return all telephone calls
2. See the clients who are booked for the day
3. Complete all the invoicing for that day
4. Enter the invoiced time and fees in the calendar where they were booked and print the daily sheet.
5. Print a copy of the Sales report from the computer bookkeeping program, compare it to the daily calendar and file both sheets together for future reference.
6. Open all mail.
7. Record payments received in the computer, prepare the bank deposit and take it to the bank that day.
8. Take any mail to the post office.
9. Complete all filing
10. Enter bills received and print cheques for appropriate dates. Store them with a sticky note that specifies the date they should be mailed to reach the vendor before the due date.
1. Submit any reports required by contracted agencies
2. Order supplies if needed
3. Clean office
1. Submit all contract forms
2. Pay rent or lease
3. Prepare and submit payroll remittances
4. Review Monthly Sales Report, Last Year Comparison Report, Profit and Loss Report
5. Reconcile bank and credit card statements
6. Close inactive files
1. Prepare any government or tax submission reports
2. Touch base with accountant
3. Review reports and set goals for next quarter
1. Prepare Business Plan for next year
2. Determine goals for next year
3. Celebrate accomplishments
The above reminders will need to be revised and customized to match your business, finances and preferences. It is important, however, that you have a system that will remind you to complete tasks in a timely basis. You will meet deadlines and experience less stress by doing so.